Sunday, January 31, 2010

"Later.. That Same Night.." new painting for 'On the Shelf" series..

I finished my latest painting for the 'On the Shelf' series this weekend. Again, the series deals with the abundant, excess and often obsolete items mostly found in thrift stores. This was a pile of old silver toned kitchen items. I really liked the warm and cool play of colors and the crazy way they were piled up. It made me feel like there was a story I had missed somehow.... that I was coming in on the tail end of it.... hence the title, "Later.. That Same Night".


48" 60"

4 comments:

Jayde said...

That looks great! Thanks for sharing.

Desiree's Designs said...

Wow, amazing work and so big, I love it.

Gilberto said...

Wow!! I wish to have the gif of Desiree and be able to close my eyes and se it for what is size is, I just hope that you regal us with shots, you standing by, to real appreciated the magnitude of your work which I only dear imagine.

Sally Tharp said...

Thanks Jade and Desiree! Gilberto.. I will try to post a picture with someone next to it for reference... Thats really what I like best about this painting... the size.. I love to radically change the scale.. it makes people stop and think.. I hope! :) Thanks for the comments!