Thursday, March 12, 2009

This week I was still excited to be painting glass and started a painting of three jars that we have excavated from the ravine. Not too far into the painting I realized that I really didn't like the composition but decided that I needed to finish it.... (I have issues with finishing things sometimes :/ ) ...just to get more experience with painting the glass.. and because I was already painting over a painting and I didn't think the canvas could hold another one...
So my lesson learned this week would be to really think about my composition before committing to it!
24" x 36"

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I like it. It keeps the eye moving and looks beautiful. I especially like the reflections and distortions in the blue glass. The colored glass is gorgeous, and the clear glass has been handled just right.

Laura said...

LOVE the colors!

Angela Elledge said...

Beautiful composition and arrangement of colors! I left something on my blog for you!

Edward Burton said...

Wow, incredible job, Sally! Great composition.

Sally Tharp said...

Thanks you guys! I think it was just too busy for my eye.. too much going on... I'm trying to simplify a bit! Angela, Thank you!! I was tagged back in February and tagged several artists! http://sallytharp.blogspot.com/2009/02/art-blog-award.html
Please visit their bogs! There are such talented people out there!!